Kate’s Point is a popular viewpoint in Maharashtra. It is located around 15 km outside Panchgani, on the route to Mahabaleshwar. The huge rock passing over the Krishna valley is often crowded by tourists. The kate’s point gives a great picture of the valley and waters of dhom dam and Balakwadi.
How to reach
❖ By Road
The cheapest means to reach from Mumbai to Panchgani is from bus transportation services to Pune, then take a bus to Panchgani, all these distances will take 6h 0m. The fastest means to reach from Mumbai to Panchgani is buses from Mumbai to Panchgani that takes 5h and 11m.
From Panchgani, it takes around 2 hours and 28 minutes while traveling from Panchgani to Kate’s Point. The estimated driving distance between kate’s point and Panchgani is 124 km or 67 nautical miles or 77.1 miles. It would be best if you book a private car from Panchgani to reach kate’s point.
❖ By Train
Various trains run between Mumbai and Panchgani, you can take a train from Mumbai junction to Panchgani station. The total travel time will be 5 hrs and 25 minutes.
From the station, you can book a cab, taxi or private car to reach the kate’s point.
❖ By Air
By air distance between Mumbai and Panchgani is 161kms, You can take a flight from the Chhatrapati Shivaji International airport, Mumbai. Then take a flight from Mumbai airport to Pune international, the nearest airport to Panchgani. The flight companies like Air India, IndiGo, Go Air are accessible for travel. The minimum time a flight may take is 4 hrs and the maximum is 7 hrs.
Various hotels and resorts are available near kate’s point for visitors within a few miles. Online booking services are also available for these hotels and resorts. The three hotels/resorts that are most loved by the tourists are:
- Bella Vista Resort with a rating of 4.5 out of stars.
- Brightland Resort & Spa with a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- The Grand Legacy rating given by travelers is 4 out of 5 stars.
❖ Things To See
- The area is photogenic, good for photo fanatics.
- Kate’s point has a lush green surrounding, the Krishna valley is one of the best choices for nature lovers
- View of Dhoom dam during winters, when the sky is clear is exciting.
- You must visit Echo Point, the name suggests, a spot where you scream your name and it echoes back to you.
- Visit the needle hole viewpoint to see natural rock formations through a hole.
- You can also get refreshing views of peaks such as Kamalgadh, Mandardeo, and Pandavgad.
❖ Things To Carry
- Ready to eat foods such as biscuits, chips etc.,
- Water bottle that can carry around 2 liters of water.
- Warm cloths such as leg warmers, bennie, jacket, gloves etc.,
- Keep pairs of comfortable walking shoes to avoid sore leg and feet blisters.
- Keep skin care products like sunscreen, lip balm, lotions etc.,
- Other accessories like sunglasses and umbrellas.
- Keep an organized backpack to carry all these stuff.